Hey guys! xD
Remember how I said the last year of my high school was really dramatic and that terrible stuffs happened to me in the last post? Well, I just found a perfect way to show one of those terrible stuffs to you guys, lol.
After reading that post again on this blog when I got home yesterday, I suddenly have the nostalgic urge to look into the folder of my older fictions that I’ve written back when I was in high school. And that’s when I found my 12th Grade Creative Writing project:
This project is something my English teacher has been doing every year. To easily put it, the instruction of this project is “Write a short creative story, themed around [The one event that recently made a big impact to your life].” The fact that this project is ‘story writing’ puts me on an advantage above many of my friends, since I’ve been writing many stories. To top that up, the events written in this story happened to me JUST before the semester starts. As a result, everything was still vivid in my mind. My pencil was on fire when I made the first draft, while many of my friends were struggling to come up with a plot. At the end of the semester, the teacher will pick up 10 of the best short stories and compile them into a book for the school’s library. Needless to say, my story got into one of those ten, and I aced this subject. 😀
Anyway, that’s enough bragging, lol. You can read the story by clicking on the banner at the bottom of this post. Once you guys are done reading it, you should have a better idea why the last year of my high school felt a lot more dramatic than my last university year.
I hope you guys will enjoy it. XD
A couple of things to note about this short story:
(Please read this before clicking on the banner)
- Before you guys get any hopes up too high, I have to come out and say it myself that the story might not be as good as I bragged it to be, lol. While my story did get into the top ten, part of the reason it does was because other stories…well…aren’t really stories at all. Most of them are more of an essay than a story.
- ‘ABAC’ (reads ‘Aay-Back’) is the old name of the university that I am attending (if memory serves, it stands for ‘Assumption Business Administration College’). As of the moment, its name has been changed to ‘Assumption University’.
- Thai Language has the system of honorary titles when calling someone older or superior to you, similar to Japanese Language. The difference, however, is that these titles are prefixes, added in front of the person’s name, rather than suffixes. When you are calling a friend or colleague older than you, you have to say ‘P’ in front of their name. So in this story, ‘P’<Name>’ is basically equivalent to saying ‘<Name>-Sempai’.
- I’ve reread the story and well… I STILL found most of the wording to be really weird. But then again, most of those wordings were my teacher’s suggestions. Since he’s an English teacher, I’m not questioning him ‘cuz chances are those are high leveled English structure / vocabularies beyond my ability to grasp, lol. But well, you guys see it for yourself.
- This story was done back when I was in Grade 12 (around year 2008 to 2009), so yes, my line art was a lot crappier than it is now XD
- WARNING! This story contains the thoughts of a super emotional high schooler, suffering from a mental breakdown. Please kindly proceed with caution.