Here are the Ten Facts about Chapter Auria that could blow your mind!
This post contains spoilers to [Zodiac Angels – Chapter Auria]! Proceed at your own risk!
- Auria studies [Finance and Banking] major in her university. [Finance and Banking] is one of the majors I considered choosing back in my Sophomore Year. In the end, I went with Accounting anyway, because I have more fun with the Debits and Credits.
- Miki’s character was originally intended to be a lot more upbeat and less moody.
But due to her dark pasts, I’ve decided to make her a little more hatred-driven. Besides, I also want a character that will ‘slap Auria in the face’ for being too optimistic, so I settled for a cold assassin-esque personality for Miki.
- [Eta Piscium] together is actually the full name of Pisces Constellation’s brightest star. But since Pisces’s sign is a pair of fish, I thought that it’d be interesting if Pisces Angel has two Zodiac Beasts to command, hence is why I separate them into two Zodiac Beasts.
- At first, Eta and Piscium were not designed to be mermaid and merman. Eta was originally a dolphin and Piscium was a swordfish.
- [Kaus], Lauress’s Zodiac Beast, is named after Sagittarius Constellation’s brightest star [Kaus Australis]. Unlike other Zodiac Beasts, which I just use the full name of the star, I thought that the star’s name was a little too long. So I decide to use only [Kaus] (pronounce like ‘Cause’).
As for the meaning of the name itself, I believe that [Kaus] is Arabic for ‘bow’. (Source)
- Antares’s plush doll form was ‘partially’ designed after ‘Spidey’, my Spiderman Doll.
The idea of Auria having a moving doll as her ‘weapon’ has always been with me since I started making this story. Hence, I want her to have a doll that I am familiar with in my real life. As a matter of fact, I chose Scorpio Zodiac for Auria because it’s a creature closest to spider in the 12 Zodiacs (lol).
- ‘Thunder’ is my favorite RPG magical element, which is why I gave it to Auria.
- Orica, as a water user, was originally meant to be a full-time healer of the team, since water is portrayed to have recovering properties in RPGs. However, since I am more bent on making her the ‘final boss’ of Auria’s story, the idea of full-time healer was scrapped.
- Despite going on for 20 chapters, only two days have passed throughout Auria’s story. When Auria saved Orica, Viola has not fought against the ‘final boss’ of her story yet.
- Thai version of [Zodiac Angels – Chapter Auria] has only 14 chapters. Over 6 chapters-worth of contents were added into the translated version.
However, unlike Viola’s chapter, there are no exclusively new scenes added to the story. The addition of 6 chapters is purely from more thorough description of events and settings.